Friday, June 10, 2011

Totally Random Thoughts

Just a lot of random thoughts-



In our last home, by the front porch, I had an heirloom lilac planted. It was a start by one of David's great aunts. It just wasn't an ordinary lilac bush...the edges of the purple flower are edged by white. I missed my bush so much and 3 years ago planted one at my current home. I only got two lilacs this year (it is the first that it has bloomed) but it made my heart sing!







~I almost forgot the Lake Powell jammies I got oh-so-long-ago and had put away! Here's the boys and girlies jammies.






~had an awesome trip to the Timp. temple with friend, J. It was just what I needed to fill a few holes in my soul today. We had a couple of real funnies but I thought to write them here, they didn't translate. But they are in my heart. J. makes me think, ponder and....laugh!




~I ate an entire can of black olives today. It was crazy! I think it is called nervous energy. It's not like when my feelings were hurt one time and I had been given a large chocolate Easter bunny and I ate the whole thing, intermittantly with two bunches of radishes, crying the entire time. How bizarre was that? I was sicker than a dog. No one hurt my feelings today. Maybe it is like when some mineral is lacking, people eat dirt. Or maybe it is just my soul yearning for Italy. We've got our tickets!!!!! November!






~been downloading music for Lake Powell. It's David's birthday this coming week so I got him the new Ronnie Dunn album ( I KNEW he would go solo after Brooks and Dunn split up.) I also got some Adele, Jason Mraz, Joshua Radin, Maroon 5 and Ingrid Michaelson. My music drives David crazy. He's pure country. The older the better. Errrrkkkkkk! I also burned a couple of kids cd's for Addi (sorry Brandi!) The Wheels on the Bus, You Are My Sunshine and Eitsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini etc. I'm not riding in that car....




~tomorrow night is friend Loretta's daughter Duvae's wedding! Duvae's a doll....she was on the reality show "Say Yes To The Dress." I think you can google her on the show- Duvae Duncan. Brendalyn and I have a date to the wedding. Our husbands can think of a million other things they'd rather do than go to a reception.....





~it was Brendalyn's birthday and Aunt Pat's this week. Happy Day! I can't imagine my life without these two in it.




~how cute is this. Once a year my mom and my niece, Lisa, fly to Las Vegas for a weekend together. Lisa recently moved to Colorado and my mom lives in Washington so I know this will be an especially awesome weekend. I love that they have this tradition. Just grandma/granddaughter time.














I'll be a summer-sitting





grannie for sure this





summer. I've been watching baby Peyton the past two Thursdays and now Annee is out of school as well. Peyton doesn't take a bottle and so that is a real struggle. We both had a little cry (!) on Thursday....it is a good thing I love him. And I do. He truly is a sweetheart. I also watch Addi on that day and now her siblings so Tuesdays and Thursday will be crazy at our household. If anyone feels compassionate, just bring me a can of olives! Or a box of cherry chocolates. We can pretend we are in Italy....





"Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go." --Truman Capote

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you and the family on the houseboat at Lake Powell! So much joy and laughter!!!And the food!!!Oh my!I can't help but be envious--I will just remember when we were young enough to be with you and enjoyed
every minute (except for the storm!) Come home safely! Love you! Mom