Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Heartaches

There will be a time when all of the pieces will fit together and we will understand the reason for the pain.


Yesterday our Ward and community learned that a friend lost her 34 year old daughter in a rafting accident in Idaho (family reunion.) It is so tragic...her daughter leaves behind two children and a husband. I can't even begin to imagine my friend's pain. I do know what it is like to think you have woken up in a nightmare and each time you hope that is what it is. The pain of reality is the inability to breathe in and out. I hope that she can find pause in the burden. I hope those around her can help share her pain. I hope she can hear God in the middle of the storm (it is hard) and that her heart (and her families hearts) can be lifted and carried and feel some minutes of peace.



And I feel the same about my dear friend Brendalyn. Her husband Joe isn't doing well at all. The night before last, they airlifted him to another hospital here in Salt Lake. He's on a ventilator with problems with his lungs and all the fluid surrounding them (and in them.) Today they are doing surgery....maybe tomorrow back surgery while he is still on the ventilator. (The other hospital said that wasn't an option.) Our circle of close friends is shell-shocked that this is happening and hoping and praying that all will be well.

Somewhere in the past few days I read a talk that included in it a true child's prayer....where the child was praying for someone to get well, and praying for God's will...and then praying that when God's will occured, he wouldn't be mad at him. I think that "maddness" is a part of the grieving stages...and God certainly understands...but also knows that He is the comfort and it truly won't come without him. This Sunday's lesson I'm preparing includes Christ's final days and the atonement (in which Christ suffered all things and took upon him all things, not just sins but also the pain of the world...and he truly does understand what we are going through in a very personal way.)

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.

3 comments:

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I am preparing the same lesson. I know from experience that the intense pain and surreal circumstances defy earthly reason. I know the peace that comes only from the Atonement of my older brother. I ache for the children. Nicole still mourns the loss of her Daddy everyday. We are going through grief counseling right now. I love the gospel, I love the plan of salvation...and Miss Marilyn...I love you! Consider yourself hugged...again!!!

gotshoes said...

Hello Marilyn haven't made a comment for awhile, sorry about your friends families. Going through a few similar things, I read this quote on my friends blog and thought you may enjoy it. Missed seeing you in the ketchup isle but I just cut up pineapple and thought of you.

Every experience God gives us, every person He puts into our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see.
Corrie ten boom

April

Amazed said...

Thank you, Cuz. I know you know.

And GotShoes! I was so happy to see your name. I'm sorry that you've got clouds as well. Somethings ketchup won't even fix (shocking, isn't it?) I love that quote. I'm going to post it on the blog. I can't wait to meet Corrie in the next life. She's such an inspiration!