Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Fall Bucket




Bucket was so fun yesterday.  I love my dear friends.  I thought maybe I would cancel the luncheon this week because of the funeral and all that went with it but then I realized I needed to have something to look forward to- and the inspiration that comes from this group.  Although we have two gone (serving missions- one is over the MTC in Provo with her husband and the other serving in the temple of Nauvoo) (and a couple were gone on trips)- I feel enriched by these women's lives.  One was being interviewed on a radio station this morning about a new book she has published, one serves on the State's commission for the homeless (and serves on countless boards and is a patrons of the arts, sports, museums, you name it...), one just took her elderly father in to care for him (and she does so tenderly), another makes me laugh, one's husband is getting melanoma test results back today (prayers, prayers, prayers)...how can you not be edified by our conversation and the mutual love we have for each other?  So thankful.







In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer

No comments: