Thursday, October 1, 2015

Chef Aaron

(this is actually my journaling from our last evening in Seaside so I'm actually journaling backwards.  I just didn't want to forget this evening.....)

Charm Girl Fay has a nephew that lives in Seaside, but is a chef at an upscale restaurant at Stephanie's Inn in Cannon Beach.  He (and his gal) were expecting a baby two days later....so we met up with them for dinner one night so Fay could shower them with gifts.  This is one of them:





The box it came in was even cuter!

So, while we were visiting, Chef Aaron asked why we weren't coming to his restaurant.  Fay mentioned it was a little pricey for our budgets.  He smiled and said, "Come and I'll take care of you!"

We did.  He did.  We were SMILING BIG TIME!!!!  Wow!  What a fabulous dining experience!


 









We started with a 4 -bite appetizer....fresh crab meat on a thin lemon cucumber with a citris drizzle.  Okay, died and gone to heaven.

Then we chose either:

Pear & Apple; Blue Cheese Salad -  Pomegranate vinaigrette, Rogue Creamery blue cheese, candied hazelnuts and fresh pears 


Creamy risotto, shredded duck confit and roasted red pepper romesco sauce - this is what my appetizer was.  The risotto was rolled into balls and absolutely divine!!!  (I've never had duck confit EVER!!! lol)

We then cleansed our palates with a chef prepared mango sorbet.  Or grapefruit.  Or something magnificent I can't even remember what it was....

Then we tried:

Hazelnut Crusted Wild Chinook Salmon -  Creamy squash risotto, braised fennel, baby beets and balsamic brown butter 


Garlic Crusted Filet Mignon - Medallions of Angus beef, Parmesan smashed Rossi Farms potato, Brussels sprouts and red wine bordelaise  (the potatoes has a crisp Parmesan coating around them!)

  Marinated Rack of Lamb -  Sweet au gratin potatoes, roasted baby root vegetables, sautéed chard and Dijon reduction sauce

Dessert was a pumpkin creme brulee with biscotti dipped in white pumpkin chocolate and pumpkin seeds or a fresh apple cake (more like a bread pudding) with chef prepared cinnamon ice cream.  Truly worth the trip alone......


Still dreaming of it.....still smiling.  Oops, I think I see my filet  mignon wrapped around my hips.  Oh dear, some creme brulee on a roll around my waist..... I'll remember it for a long, long time!

No comments: