Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Random Thoughts

I feel like I've been on some trip with major time zone changes since I don't know whether I am coming or going with blogging. I usually write in the morning. Sometimes I write at night and then post in the morning. Unless I have a busy morning. And afternoon. Then after a little nap (oh, the joys of being this age!) then I write and post whenever I want. Morning, night or both. So here I am. Almost four o'clock in the afternoon. Just got home from religion class to a kitchen that isn't quite put back together after Creative Cooking, eating a bowl of leftover Salad Maison that Valene made. Feeling full in all ways....physically (yummy lunch!) and spiritually (class) and socially (love my friends and neighbors.)

Here are just a few random thoughts that have been floating around in my brain:

1) I hear it is suppose to snow tomorrow. After I have scheduled yard workers to come. After I have put away my last snowman decorations. After I finally shaved my winter legs (oh, sorry, way too much information!) I hear it is suppose to snow tomorrow.....I'm plugging my ears!

2) Creative Cooking is just the funnest thing ever. We have a party every month and learn things to boot. Today was the last of the "Oohh-La-La" French cooking. During the past 3 months we have learned how to do: crepes (both dinner and dessert), cream of mushroom soup, French onion soup, 3 kinds of quiche, two kinds of main dish fondue and 2 desserts, Salad Maison, and now Raclette. (Every place I read about Raclette, it is spelled differently. Oh well...) I should have bought everyone pink boa's to wear. To celebrate the French woman in all of us! Valene, I love you!!! Thanks for being our guest chef! You ARE my favorite restaurant!

3) I just called David at work and he was in a deposition and couldn't talk and then I called my friend, Elaine, and she wasn't home, to get that great scripture reference I wanted for my Philippine post.....maybe, S.C., you can help me out.... and by the way, if you got yesterday's Deseret News, they did an article about Corby Campbell, serving in the war, recently deployed (AGAIN)...he is a seminary director here in the valley and Suzanne's husband, Brandi's brother-in-law.
(http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,5143,695264443,00.html)






4) Class today with Michael Wilcox was wonderful. How many times can I say that? But it was. We are almost to the end of the Book of Mormon. Lots of thoughts floating around inside but I will save them for another day. But suffice it to say, I'm glad I live in Granite. David's been digging trenches down at the corrals (and killing his back, I might add!) and it is hard work, because of all the rocks. I mentioned to him that we "do" live in Granite. He didn't think that was funny. But the rock here is solid. That is the kind of foundation we all need to build on. Rock solid.


Good character is more to be praised than outstanding talent. Most talents are, to some extent, a gift. Good character, by contrast, is not given to us. We have to build it, piece by piece -- by thought, choice, courage, and determination. H. J. Browne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll post on your random thoughts area because the other post was so "heavy." AMAZING!

I am just trying not to think about all I have to do before I leave my babies for 13 days and go off to Europe.

I am madly working out and hope to be able to run through France, Italy and Switzerland.

For the ward's sake, I hope I dont have to sing a solo.