Monday, March 10, 2008

Loved!

Oh, everyone should be an adored, pampered daughter. When I come home, I AM the princess. My dad still calls me his "sweetie pie." Well, my mom wasn't calling me that when I whooped her at Phase Ten last night! But it is so good to be with my parents. Last night Dad and Gary picked me up at the airport....and when we got to the house, my mom had dinner all prepared and all of Gary's family came as well. We laughed and laughed. Just funny, great people.

Today on the schedule is computer shopping for Mom. They need a bigger, better one. They actually need two since Dad is doing more and more pictures and printing...they both need their own space. Then we need to get in a movie...either at the theater or one from Blockbuster. And we'll hit Fred Meyer. I know that seems silly but we don't have Fred Meyer in Utah anymore. And I really love that store. I do think Smith's Marketplace is the same but just in case it is not, we'll hit Freddies.

I'm enjoying looking around at Mom and Dad's office. I bet there are over a thousand books (that we packed and moved 3 years ago!), lots of pictures to look at that Dad has been developing and Mom has incentive quotes everywhere and cartoons. Here are a few:

If you walk every day for 30 minutes, you can expect to drop 2 lbs. per week! (who said???)

My success tomorrow depends on my choices TODAY! (written in my mother's beautiful handwriting. I love my mother's handwriting.....)

Then, Garfield says: "We get heavier as we get older because there's a lot more information in our heads. So I'm just really intelligent and my head couldn't hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me." That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I DO LOVE being here. Let the fun day begin. Well, after my two miles on the treadmill (which I now learn should have me lose weight while I am here...that "ain't gonna happen!")


"God bless the good-natured, for they bless everybody else." - Henry Ward Beecher

"The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves....or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. " - Victor Hugo

2 comments:

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Have a fantastic time with your parents. I miss Fred Meyer - when we were young parents - not that we are old parents but let's just say when our oldest was little we used to go to Fred Meyer, check him in to the 1 hour daycare they had there and just wander the store - free date night for college students with a toddler.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you arrived safely and are having a wonderful time! I'm mostly glad that you are online there!! Enjoy every moment!!

Love, me