Thursday, December 6, 2007

Yummies

Here are the two treats I took to the Bake-Off tonight:
Banana Split Cheesecake Ball
2 8-ounce pkg. of softened cream cheese
1 large pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 small can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained well
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. banana extract
1 cup slivered almonds

Mix all but pineapple and almonds until smooth and creamy. Fold
in pineapple. Form into a ball and chill at least a couple of hours.
Roll in almonds. Serve as a cheese ball or in a bowl with spreaders.
Serve with graham sticks (honey or cinnamon.)


Rollo Turtlesknot pretzels
rollo candies, unwrapped
pecan halves

Place about a dozen pretzels on a cookie sheet
(I cover mine with parchment so I can just lift
the sheet off). Place one rollo candy on top
of pretzel. Place in a LOW oven (220 degrees)
for two minutes, until rollo is soft. Do not over
cook or cook too high. My oven doesn’t go
down that low so I turn it to preheat, then turn it
off when it reaches 220-250 degrees. Take them
out of the oven and immediately press pecan half
on top of the rollo, squishing it down. Instant
turtle! Stick them on another cookie sheet in the
refrigerator for a little while so chocolate sets up
nicely.

1 comment:

Darby said...

That cheesecake ball sounds amazing. I'll have to try it out this Christmas season with the fam.