Thursday, December 13, 2007

C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S.

C-Christ’s birth. I’ve been pondering Mary’s feelings, the shunning she must have felt, the joy yet confusion. And the respect I feel for Joseph.

H-Home- There’s No Place Like Home For The Holidays. I love our home and especially the feeling of love here. We’re blessed.

R-Ribbons and Paper adorn my storage room. I’ve set up a table and it is wrapping headquarters. I have tons of bags and cellophane is my wrap of choice (since I’m a terrible gift wrapper!) I’m hoping to get my neighbor/friend gifts out this weekend. I heart my neighbors! I heart my friends!

I-Icicles are hanging from our rooftop. I’m really wishing the sun will come out for a couple of days so Tanner and a buddy can hang Christmas lights. I’ve never had Christmas lights and I’m hoping this is the year! I will leave them on all year and turn them on WHENEVER I want. I don’t care who makes fun of me.

S- 'Shtik Naches' or 'piece of joy'. My friend, J., shared this Yiddish word with me today. She says that each day she is going to look more for the "Shtik Naches" in her life. Me too!

T-testimony. I’m so thankful that I have a relationship with Jesus Christ. I know He loves me, listens to me, mourns with me, comforts me, prompts me, challenges me, edifies me, encourages me, sees me for who I am and desires for me to be more. I love Him!

M-Merry Christmas. Instead of Happy Holidays. I remember in college, being mesmerized by Rod McKuen’s poetry. It is (was) looked upon as sappy but I loved it. One Christmas poem I remember is one that talked about "seeing so many Merry Xmas signs...with Christ taken out of Christmas." I don’t want to do that. I love Santa and snowmen and decorating and buying gifts and even getting gifts. But foremost, I do wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

A-angels. I don’t mind if they have wings or not. Wings help us to fly and I’m so thankful for all the angels in my life that have helped me fly when I have forgotten how.

S-Snow equals snowman. I’m still waiting.....

No comments: