I started this entry about a month ago- so this is a rushed catch-up-
Rachel's wedding a month ago was so lovely. She was beautiful and stunning in her dress!
I love wedding décor....
My friend Myrna also had a quinceanera party for her 15-year-old daughter at our house. The decorations were so darling and food fabulous, music with a DJ- all in our backyard!
I just realize I erased half of the party pictures. Oh well. I'll add them when her mom sends them to me.
And in addition to lots of pool parties
and family dinners (it took about a dozen pictures of these kiddos before we could get one without silly faces- and we miss Josh terribly!)
and weddings (Max Parkinson and his bride got married! We love that boy!) and an awesome anniversary party at the Summerhays'-
and, and, and...…
I have been falling apart as usual...but trying hard to get pasted back together! I should have purchased stock in Elmer's Glue....
I fell a couple of months ago and my arm hasn't been the same. I got an injection in that arm for something else and started physical therapy last week for the ouchie- tendonitis that is flaming in my right arm. And burning slightly in my left. I was totally AFRAID to go to therapy (sorry therapist daughter Brandi) but he was gentle and kind and I think I will live. Oh, and Brandi had been doing wonderful therapy on my IC joint (is that right?) in my bum for another issue. Bummer is right.
Then- I had cataract surgery on my right eye on Wed.! Yeah! I can see edges again! The prep was more than I thought it would be (hospital gown, IV and all that- an hour of prep) but the procedure is quick and just miraculous. I had 20/20 vision in that eye the next day! Wow! I will completely recover from that one, and on the 17th have the other one done. That one will be for reading so once again I will have mono vision. Medical wonders never cease to amaze! (look, you can see when they marked above my eye to make sure they did the right one! lol) (and I don't think these sunglasses could get any bigger...)
Wed. I had the sweetest gift. Mindy Pearson, a girl I had as a Laurel 20-some years ago messaged me and just wanted to come by and visit. She's a grown-up now and does counseling and has a great life...and she just wanted to say thank you for loving her way back then. How awesome is that???? That's what you would call a pay day. (She'll probably never come again...I literally talked her ear off. She had to pick it off the floor when she left....)
Saturday David had a roping in Pocatello and normally I would have stayed home but I decided to ride along and spend the day with niece Mallorie. I finally got to see her home (that she sold and is moving in a few weeks!), had lunch, went to Idaho Falls to see a wedding venue her mom, Angie, was putting the final reception décor on (she's amazing!)-
then we went to see Mama Mia! Had just gotten settled in with our popcorn when I get a text from David that he was done and ready to go home! Bummer! That was an abrupt ending to our fun day.
That is what I've been up to in the past month - an out-of-breath whirlwind. Oh, and our friends are falling apart as well. Both Joe and Tom (Brendalyn and Penny's husbands respectively) have both been in the hospital for kind of serious things but all is well now. Life is just getting scary. But it is good. Scary and good and ouchie and miraculous and slow and fast and overwhelming but full of wonderful things I'm so grateful for! I LOVE my family. Each one of them and all the sweet time we can be together. And friends are the BEST!
Tomorrow I have physical therapy again. I won't be so scared this time. And then I'm making dessert for.....BON APPETIT tomorrow night at Valene's. Oh- that makes me so happy! More therapy and another eye check up and I have an Annee Bug date this week since she couldn't make the other kiddo girl's dates. She needs some alone time (and so does her mom!)
I'm at that age where my mind still thinks I'm 29, my sense of humor suggests I'm 12 while my body mostly keeps asking if I'm sure I'm not dead yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment