Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Lost Has Returned

"The week before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse."

THEN the phone rang!  It was the police saying they had just found (stumbled across) our abandoned truck.  It was in Murray  ( two neighboring suburbs away.)  It had been run out of fuel, the battery dead, a mirror broken and they had cleaned out the inside stuff (pawn shop, anyone?) - the fuel light is on but 

did I mention, OUR TRUCK HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!!

We were "requested" ( in the middle of the night) to come and get it or it would be towed off.  I think we got home about 2:30 p.m.)  But did I mention OUR TRUCK IS HOME!

Such a happy day.  David loves his horses and his truck and ...I come either before or after the ropes depending on how I'm behaving that day.


Now we can really tackle the "busys."  Here is what is up!

Christmas is limping....I haven't wanted to decorate or listen to Christmas music (which I'm soooo the sooner-the-better on that, usually.  Not this year...)  My book for the children isn't going to happen but the jammie bottoms I had made actually have purchased tops now.  I bought advents and books for each of the families and only two have been delivered.  But Christmas is truly in my heart.  He's the reason for the Season...and He matters to me immensely.  I love the Lord and love that he hears and answers prayers in such personal ways.  I've had some amazing ones lately....

This weekend I had an early Christmas present.  Each year the Mormon Tabernacle Choir puts on the most amazing Christmas production in the amazing-in-its-self Conference center.  The conf. center holds about 26,000 people- but about 1 million put in for the ticket lottery.  I called several of my kids and no one, including myself, got tickets.  Except Ben and Susie.  Surprise!  Love them.  I got to go and take 3 friendies  I won't tell about the concert until tomorrow because it was amazing....but had such a good time with Cathy, Brendalyn and Loretta.  Lettuce wraps and honey walnut shrimp at Asian Star beforehand....and afterwards, driving in in WHITEOUT conditions all the way home.  It was terrifying to say the least but whew!  We made it.  My friends were  like cheerleaders with my driving ("You can do it!  Good job, Marilyn!")...that it makes me smile just thinking about it.  After taking Brendalyn and Loretta home, I did made Cathy drive down a hill by us...and then Kirk drove down their big hill and picked her up at our house.  Because truly by that time I was a nervous wreck.  But a happy nervous wreck since the spirit of the concert was still lingering.  And I'm still thinking about it today!

Yesterday I got a place reserved for the wedding dinner and my catering friend reserved.  Today OOMS is coming by (Our Own Martha Stewart- Lisa) to discuss decor for the dinner and the party.   We are doing a party the night before at Jordan Commons.  Things are coming together...finally, for what will be (whew!) a wonderful, wonderful day in our family.

Yesterday I met Tenille with Nash and Sadie to reserve the building for the dinner.  When we came out, the wind was GUSTING  like crazy....and so we all  made wings and ran and swirled and laughed.  I can't tell you how the kiddos laughter is just pure joy. Happiness giggling.  Thanks Tenille and Sadie and Nash for giving me such a priceless moment.  I love you.

I found a saying on a card the other day I love; basically it says "may your story have more heroes than villains, more adventure than drama, and may Love always, always win."   Amen!


1 comment:

sherrie said...

I'm so happy that you got to go to the concert -- and that you got home safely. I saw a couple of very short clips, I can't wait until it's available on TV or DVD. Glad you got your truck back, reading your original post made me sad for you, but I so appreciated how you put it in context, you have such a good heart.
Merry Christmas!
Sherrie