(These two pictures are from BH&G's)
Wheat grass is a beautiful centerpiece for your Easter table. I used to grow mine...then got lazy and now go to Good Earth and just buy what I need. You can probably find wheat grass in most stores now, but I'm not sure if they have flats. But it is CHEAP and easy to grow. Whatever your container is, make sure it has drainage holes in the bottom. You use whole wheat (grass seed works as well...I don't think the grass is as thick) ....which I soak for a day in lukewarm water to pre-soften. You can fill your tray with clean soil or vermiculite potting stuff. (Do you like my technical term?) Plant the seed about 1/8 inch deep. Water about every 2 days. Put your tray in a warm window with sunlight and it will sprout in a few days (tiny) and will be Easter grass tall in about eight to ten...so it is about time to get going! Don't you think this centerpiece is darling? For further instructions on this particular centerpiece, here is the link (Martha Stewart.) They've just stuck the flowers into the grass along with eggs and candy bunnies...set everything on a rock base. I love it! http://www.marthastewart.com/article/wheat-grass-centerpiece?backto=true
Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there. ~Clarence W. Hall
Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there. ~Clarence W. Hall
No comments:
Post a Comment